Thứ Sáu, 28 tháng 3, 2014

TIẾNG ANH QUA CHUYỆN CƯỜI

READING

The Cunning Servant

There was an old man. He loved wine and good food. He had a servant, James. James also loved wine and good food. The old man could never trust his servant .

Each time he went outdoors, he had to hide his bottles.

“ I shall be out , I want you to look after the house. There are two bottles in the cupboard-there is poison in them. If you drink it you will die. And a chicken in the yard. There is also some meat in the safe.”

After the old man left, the servant began to drink the two

bottles of wine . He also killed the chicken and ate up the meat in the safe. Then the servant fell asleep.

“ Master, while you were away, a cat came in and stole the meat. Our neighbour’s dog, ran after the chicken and killed it. I was afraid that you would get angry with me, so I drank poison in order to kill myself. Please forgive me.”

LISTENING

Normal

Slow

PRONUNCIATION

old   /əʊld/
owl   /aʊl/
food   /fuːd
foot   /fʊt/
bottle bot-tle /ˈbɒt(ə)l/
neighbour neigh-bor /ˈneɪbə(r)/
asleep a-sleep /əˈsliːp/

EXERCISE

The Cunning Servant

 There was   clip_image001 who loved  clip_image002.

   He had a    clip_image003  who also loved ….. .


The …. could never trust his ….

Each time he [clip_image006%255B3%255D.jpg], he had to hide his clip_image007clip_image007[1]

        “ I shall be out , I want you to look after the clip_image008

There are two …. in the clip_image010  -- there is  clip_image011  in them.

If you  clip_image017  it you will  clip_image013.

And a   clip_image001[5]     in the  clip_image015

There is also some     clip_image016 in the safe.”

After the ….. left, the …. began to  clip_image017 
the two …. of wine.

He also killed the clip_image001[5] and ate up
the …. in the safe.

Then the servant fell 
clip_image018.

“ Master, while you were  [clip_image006%255B3%255D.jpg],

clip_image019 .  Our neighbour’s  clip_image020

ran after the …. and clip_image021  .

I was afraid that you would get clip_image022

with me, so I  clip_image023[clip_image011%255B3%255D.jpg]  in order to kill myself.

Please clip_image024  me.”